I met a guy in Grindr once. A guy living just a few floors away from my unit. It was one of those nights when you know... The conversation was quick and short and we quickly arrived to an agreement. We exchanged digits and I saved his name as {insertcondoname here} Guy. A few minutes later, we met at his place, short introduction and there...
A few days later, {insertcondoname here} Guy texted again and we got it on again. And then another day... and another... until one day when I really had to call his name but my mind went blank. "Hey, uhhmm, I'm sorry, but I forgot your name," I embarrassingly asked him. "Lorenzo, you're Basti, right?" God! He remembers!
Not my first embarrassing experience when it comes to names. I have a pretty, sophisticated friend, named Sophia. We were in Palawan and just came from the beach, still wearing our sunglasses. We were rushing towards the hotel bathroom. When I came out, a medical representative who I talk to every week for months saw me and asked me if the girl I am with is Snooky Serna. Well, with the sunglasses, she does look like Snooky. When Sophia came out of the bathroom, I introduced them to one another just to prove that she's not Snooky. "Sophia, this is... uhmmm... she's from this drug company." I flushed. Well, she's not the only one. I don't remember half of the names of the medical representatives that I see every week.
Then, there was this young intern from Unicef who goes to every office to share his advocacy for the poor children...aka...soliciting funds for Unicef. He is cute and has big arms, which is one of my weaknesses. He introduced himself as Henry and showed me his flip chart on the dire condition of poor Filipino children. It just lasted for 20 minutes. Well, I'm not really moved, but he's cute and well, okay, that 20 pesos a day will go a long way. So I gave my credit card details. Just to make sure that I understand what I am signing up to, Henry asked me some questions...
"What is the organization that you're helping?" Unicef
"How much are you willing to give to the organization?" 20 pesos a day
"How long is your commitment to help these children?" 2 years
"What is my name?" ________, "My God, Sorry, I forgot..." My face turned red again.
This is cute :)
ReplyDelete